Personal data refers to all types of personal information, sensitive personal information and privileged information. Personal information refers to “any information, whether or not recorded in any form, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can reasonably and/or directly be ascertained by the entity holding the information, or, when put together with other information, would directly and certainly identify an individual”.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To enable us to comply with our corporate policies in relation to data subjects as well as with the requirements under the Data Privacy Act, it is important that we collect, use, store and retain your personal data only as is reasonable and necessary for a declared and specific purpose stated in the pertinent consent forms.
In general, we are using your data for any of the following purposes:
- To evaluate and/or fulfill your transaction with us;
- To comply with LBC’s obligations under law and as required by government organizations and/or agencies such as, but not limited to, the following: NPC, BSP, BIR, HDMF or Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, SSS and so on;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements or obligations; and,
- To perform such other processing or disclosure that may be required under law or regulations.
Other uses by nature of our transactions:
In addition, from the general uses mentioned above, we may use your personal information depending on your transactions with us in any of the following means:
- When you want to become a part of our team (for Employment Purposes):
- To consider and evaluate your suitability for employment and, with your permission, inform and consider you for future job opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with you about your employment application;
- When hired, to process your data necessary for your employment such as, but not limited to, payroll, benefits application, allowances and refunds processing, tax processing, retirement benefits, and other purposes that demand processing of your personal data (e.g., business travels, anniversaries, social activities, emergencies, and so on);
- When hired, for your performance evaluation and career development including seminars, trainings, workshops, and compliance monitoring,
- When hired, for employee engagement programs to improve employee experience or satisfaction;
- When hired, to process your data necessary to execute business transactions such as preparation and/or approval of business documents and any other functions that are directly related and/or incidental to your job and that will demand processing of your personal data; and,
- Upon separation, to process your data for the exit interview and preparation of final pay.
- When you are a customer (for Retail or Corporate Customers):
- For you to remit and accept money remittance;
- For you to schedule a pick-up for delivery and for us to identify and contact you, verify and confirm your request;
- To be able to deliver the shipment to the consignee;
- For you to provide reviews in our products/services;
- To generate statistical insights;
- To conduct research and analysis (through surveys or polls) in order to improve customer experience/satisfaction;
- To respond to specific complaints, inquiries, requests or to provide requested information;
- To provide customer care activities, monitor our quality and security, and provide services timely and efficiently; and,
- To notify and update you (through call, text or email) about our complimentary, commercial and promotional advertisements, loyalty and rewards offers, exclusive invites, discounts, surveys, and other direct marketing that we deemed relevant and beneficial to you based on your preference and interest initially provided to us or made aware of, with which you can opt-out anytime should you prefer not to receive these notifications.
- When you are a vendor, a potential vendor, or a contractor (for vendors/suppliers and/or future suppliers):
- To contact you when we require your services;
- To carry out due diligence or screening activities (e.g., background investigation) in accordance with legal, regulatory obligations or company policy;
- To contact you when we have concerns regarding the goods or services received;
- To track and measure performance or quality of goods and services received;
- To sustain and strengthen our relationship by having good communication
- To process our payment for the goods/services received; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information to provide you with details and information regarding our product, services, and promotions. We process information also to respond to your enquiries or manage future interactive user function. The common type of data collected by LBC from you, generally includes the following:
- Personal information such as full name, home addresses/billing address/shipping address, e-mail address, employment information, telephone, other personal contact numbers;
- Sensitive personal information such as date of birth, nationality, marital status, gender and education;
You are responsible for ensuring that all data, whether personal information, sensitive personal information or privileged information, you submit to LBC is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
HOW WE COLLECT, ACQUIRE OR GENERATE YOUR DATA?
We collect data when you:
- Fill-out our forms (e.g., feedback form, resume form, contact form, supplier accreditation form, remittance/encashment form, etc.);
- Disclose your personal information through chat facility, phone calls, emails, SMSs or verbal communication with our authorized representatives; and,
- Through third-party websites and social media services (e.g.,JobStreet, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
DO OUR WEBSITES USE WEB ANALYTICS?
Cookies are small files that our website puts on your personal computer (PC) to store information about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing our website to remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit our website. If you don't want our website to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from our website letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view our website.
For you to fully enjoy your visit and browsing experience, only non-identifiable web traffic data are collected and analyzed, including:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address;
- The search terms you used;
- The pages and internal links accessed on our site;
- The date and time you visited the site, including frequency of visits;
- Your operating system; and
- Web browser type
Use the privacy options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive (a) cookie(s) or you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive (a) cookie(s). Click on the "Help" section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.
WHAT ABOUT THE LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
As a general rule, we do not share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as listed below.
By giving your consent, you authorize LBC to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
LBC is very sensitive to privacy issues and it is especially careful in its communications with children.
Personal data pertaining to children and collected from their parents or guardians is used by LBC or other entities that provide technical fulfillment or other services to LBC (for example, services intended to improve our services/web sites, and fulfilling requests or administering promotions). These personal data are not sold.
Meanwhile, we urge parents or guardians to regularly monitor and supervise their children's on-line activities.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We keep and protect your personal data using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption on computing devices and physical security controls.
- We restrict access to your personal data only to qualified and authorized personnel who hold your personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Any personal data that you provide on the website is initially processed and stored by LBC. Using a secured connection, only authorized LBC personnel can then access and download your personal data from the system.
WHERE AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
All data are preserved in accordance with the retention policy of the Company and/or as required by a specific law or regulation.
Personal data are stored in our facilities located in the Philippines and Singapore and are retained in accordance with the above parameters, industry standards, laws and regulations, unless you request that your personal data be deleted from our systems, databases and hardcopies immediately. Once deleted, your personal data will no longer be searchable or included in anonymous searches and will be completely removed from all the storage location.
The Data Protection Officer may, however, choose not to grant access or correct information based on the request following laws and regulations. He/she will give the individual a written notice that sets out the reason for the refusal.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CORRECT AND UPDATE THE PERSONAL DATA WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
Our contact details are as follows:
Data Protection Officer
LBC EXPRESS GROUP
LBC Hangar, General Aviation Centre
Domestic Airport Compound, Domestic Road
1605 Pasay City, Philippines
Office: +632 858 5999 / +632 856 8559
Email address: [email protected]
You may also lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission (NPC). For further details, please refer to NPC’s website: https://privacy.gov.ph/mechanics-for-complaints/.
Any action to a request for correction, erasure and/or objection to process your personal data as it appears in our records is subject to applicable laws and/or the DPA, its IRR and other issuances of NPC.
To cover for the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested, we may charge you minimal and reasonable fees based on administrative costs we incurred.